Forestdale improves the lives of nearly 1,000 New York City families each year. For 158 years, Forestdale has dedicated itself to the future of the inner-city communities of New York City, particularly in the borough of Queens. From Corona plaza to Jamaica Avenue to Rockaway Beach, we get involved when a child’s future is on the line.
- When a child suffers abuse or chronic neglect at home, we get involved—to address his trauma, to ensure a safe and loving foster home and to make sure that his family is ready to take him back
- When a parent is in crisis and needs a helping hand, we get involved—to address the problems in her life and prepare her to permanently reunite with her children.
- When a teen in foster care faces adulthood on his own, we get involved—to make sure that he is equipped with a quality education and sees college as a real option.
- When a father is estranged from his family and unsure of how to connect with his kids, we get involved—to provide parenting guidance and a safe space for dads to talk about their struggles, and to help them get the jobs and education they need to support their families.
- When a teen becomes a parent and is scared and alone, we get involved—to safeguard her health and the health of her child, to build her network of support and to ensure that she never loses her baby to foster care.
Support children in need by helping fund our programs or donating your time.